Please open the Rate Chart for 2013 showing each cottage & motel rates per season. Occupancy levels and pet fees will also apply. Reservations will be confirmed by email, phone, or snail mail. Rates will be charged as posted on the 2013 Rate Chart except when special programs have group discounted rates.
Senior discount on daily rates with AAA or AARP card (mention at time of reservation and present card upon arrival): $10.00 per night, max $20.00 per reservation. This discount is only available for direct bookings with Bay Leaf Cottages & Bistro by phone, email, or in person. Rates include daily continental breakfast.
Online Reservations - We welcome you to use our online reservation system or call us at 207-505-0458 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST, year-round). Click here for our online reservation form.
We are able to assist you with scheduling the following services - call 207-505-0458 or indicate desired services on your reservation form.
- Spa Services (massages, facials, manicure/pedicure, foot reflexology massage)
- Event Tickets (concerts, movies, festivals, dinners)
- Dinner Reservations (fine dining, popular venues)
- Sailing (schooner sails, tours, sightseeing, lessons)
- Kayaking (rental kayaks, tours, lessons, special night kayaking)
- Bicycle Rentals (a variety of bike styles/options)
- Laundry Sevices (laundry, dry cleaning, pick-up/delivery)
- Catering or Grocery Services (prepared foods, beverages, groceries for cottage)
Dog Friendly Cottages and Policies - Some cottages and motel rooms are designated for dog owners to bring their well-behaved pooches and some are designated as “pet free” for those guests with allergies. Dogs receive a welcome bag with a blanket and bowl to use during the stay, treats, and poopy bags.
Dogs be left unattended in cottages and motel rooms at any time. An outdoor dog run is available for limited use when dining out between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. and during breakfast sevice. Please sign up for a 1-2 hour dinner time-block in advance. Please no reptiles, rodents, birds or felines. There is a pet fee of $20.00 per night/pet. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per cottage/room with a maximum of 75 lbs (individual or combined). For the safety of all guests, aggressive breeds are not permitted (e.g. Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Doberman Pincher, and Chow). A local kennel with doggy daycare is available nearby: Dr. Blake Vet www.blakevet.com.
A Pet Contract must be signed in advance (and submitted by fax/email/mail) or presented/signed upon arrival with your pet. Please Download/View this contract.
Children receive a "Welcome to Maine" coloring book and crayons.
Reservation Procedures and Policies
Please read and download our Welcome Information guide (PDF) and Jane's FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Guide.
Pre-reservations are essential during high season and for events onsite. No drop-ins (those arriving without reservations) after 9 p.m. Please feel free to call us with any questions about the policies below or a need to customize your reservation request. See our phone number options at the bottom of this page.
If you think you will arrive after 7 pm it's okay. Please let us know and we'll put the key inside an envelope with your name on it and attach it to our office door with a note about parking and breakfast as well as our contact information.
- Bay Leaf Cottages and Motel: rooms provide a smoke-free environment – no smoking is allowed on the premises (including inside/outside the cottages/motel rooms). A $150 cleaning fee will be assessed for smoking inside the room.
- Loss/Damages will be billed to the client should they occur. If your cottage or room required excessive cleaning, we will assess a cleaning fee of $15.00.
- Payment and methods of payment include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and U.S. dollar cash.
- All reservations must be confirmed with a valid credit card on record within 48 hours of making the reservation. Reservations with invalid credit card numbers will be cancelled.
- Cancellation Policy – one week minimum notice for July thru August reservations. 72 hour notice May thru June & September thru October. No shows or cancellations received within 72 hours of arrival date will be billed for the first night's lodging. Extended stay reservations of 5 or more days require 1-week notice for cancellation. Cancellation fee of 50% will be charged for cancellations of any extended stay reservation.
- Liability – your safety is of prime concern to us. Remember that you are responsible for your actions and those of your children while on the premises.
- Minimum 2-night stay for reservations during Blues Festival, Lobster Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, and Columbus Day weekend.
- Weekly Rental – Discounts for 5 or more days rented. See Rate Chart.
- Monthly Rental – Monthly rentals require a deposit and advance notice as
events and programs are regularly scheduled at Bay Leaf
Cottages and Motel. We welcome your inquiries!
Group Reservations – Tour groups and family groups, such as clubs, weddings, and reunions are welcome. Please contact 207-505-0438. Discounts are offered for group bookings.